April 18, 2009
Marlaine's second day at the hospital was filled with visitors. She had good moments and bad moments. When the pain killer would wear off she started feeling the pain in her head. When the pain killers were working you wouldn't of even known she was sick. I was hoping all day that they would say we could go home but no luck.
The Watson's came to visit.

Christian brought Marlaine some flowers and Balloons.

Christian, JD, and Sara trying to cheer Marlaine up.

Me and Marlaine making silly faces

Some of Christian's friends.

April 19, 2009
Another day at the hospital. In the morning Marlaine's IV line had to be changed, because she had a lot of swelling in her arm. This of course was not fun. Marlaine hates needles and now that she was feeling better she wasn't as willing to have to get poked again. She did well though despite the pain. We weren't sure how many more days we were going to have to stay at the hospital so we did our best to decorate the room with Marlaine's flowers and pictures of the family. Later that afternoon, her test results came back, letting us know that she was on the way to getting better. The doctor said we cold go home. Marlaine was still in some pain but she was so ready to go home. When the nurse came to take out the IV line she was very happy. Our nurse was such a ham, he posed for the picture when we were wheeling Marlaine out of the hospital.
I was so glad to be going home. This was my first experience with one of my children having to stay overnight in a hospital. I was not comfortable with leaving Marlaine alone so I stayed most of the day and spent the nights with her. I am so proud of Robert for stepping up to take care of his little brother. It would not have been possible without his help. I hope I never have to go through an ordeal like this again.




No comments:
Post a Comment