Saturday morning, I had planned on driving back to Arlington to visit with friends. We were going to stay at Terri's. We hoped to see Edon and Arlene, and Sherry is also visiting her sister in Flower Mound so I thought maybe I could meet up with them so Lucas, Mason and Catalina could have a play date.
Things did not go as planned, Lucas woke up early in the morning and started throwing up. When he threw up for the fifth time we figured we better take him to see the doctor. He took a short nap and when he woke up we took him to the clinic. He looked so sad on his way there and just sat quietly in our arms. While we waited to see the doctor I gave him some water and crackers. I just knew he would throw it up so I was prepared with towels. Amazingly he kept it down, the doctor said he had a stomach virus, and a little fluid in his ears but no infection, and he wasn't running a fever. She gave him something for the nausea and sent us on our way.
Since Lucas was being such a good boy and it didn't seem like he was going to get sick we went out to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Lucas ended up eating, a flour tortilla, chips, re fried beans, some chicken and the tomato sauce from my rolled tacos. I just knew all that food was going to make him sick but instead it just made him happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment